Welcome to the course for creating a Serverless API that scales safely, predictably, and practically infinitely.
- AWS is a leading provider of cloud infrastructure and managed services for software developers to use.
- AWS CDK (Cloud Development Kit) is a framework, created by AWS, for defining Infrastructure as Code and deploying that infrastructure within the AWS cloud.
With AWS CDK and the instructions from this tutorial, you’ll be learning how to:
- Deploy a serverless AWS API Gateway with REST API endpoints
- Forward API calls from API Gateway to AWS Lambda, which will scale automatically on-demand
- Connect the Lambdas to a DynamoDB table, which is a serverless NoSQL database by AWS
Take advantage of the ease of use of AWS CDK and the superb performance of the AWS cloud, for launching new ideas easily in a safe, cost-effective, and rapid way.
One of your projects went viral and received a bunch of unexpected traffic? You don’t have to worry at all – because all of the services utilized in this tutorial scale transparently and can handle both “development grade” and “production-grade” traffic. AWS is known for its high availability and scalability.