This course provides business owners, self-employed individuals, freelancers, and gig workers an introduction to the basics of accounting and bookkeeping. This course is designed to help you develop an understanding of key parts of your business accounting and provide you with actionable knowledge to have intelligent conversations with your accountant. Ultimately, by completing this course, you will be able to better understand your business performance, read and understand financial statements, and understand the process of developing your business financial forecast.
By the end of this course you will have learned:
- Basics of accounting
- Understand the key components of your business accounting
- Break down of balance sheet, income statement, and statement of cash flow
- Make proper use of accounting information
- Gain insights into the process of developing financial statements and financial forecasts
- Comprehend the relationship between bookkeeping and tax planning
- Make data-driven business and financial decisions
Also, on a higher level, we will explore the value of some of the performance reports such as accounts payable and accounts receivable aging schedules, cash reports, depreciation schedules, as well as some of the key controls for small businesses.
I use a demo company, Excel, and QuickBooks Online to illustrate accounting concepts in the real world. I hope you have as much fun learning through this course as I had creating it.
What this course is NOT:
A substitute for seeking professional help or individual professional advice. Students must not rely on the lesson in this course as professional advice. This course is purely designed and must be used as an educational tool ONLY.