Discover the ins and outs of Google Trends and see how this can work for you in a big way.
Market research is incredibly important for businesses of all sizes. Unfortunately, many of the market research methods can be expensive and extremely time-consuming. Thanks to the widespread usage of the internet, market research tools have become more accessible to all businesses. In this article, we will focus on how to use Google Trends for market research.
What is Google Trends?
Google Trends is a free tool developed by Google that shows users how often different search terms are entered into Google’s search engine compared to total search volumes over chosen time periods.
Google Trends gives users the possibility to analyze search term popularity over time, explore similar keywords and compare how popular a search term is in different regions of the world. Google Trends can also be used to discover spikes in keyword search volumes which are usually triggered by real-world events.
1. Use Google Trends to find popular topics in your industry
2. Use Google Trends to determine seasonal patterns
3. Use Google Trends for Competitor Research
4. Use Google Trends to discover patterns
5. Use Google Trends to Find the Product Features Your Target Audience Finds Important
6. Identify Consumer Demand
7. Identifying Trends and Generating Sales
8. Find out Where Your Target Market Is Located
Google Trends can be a very helpful tool for doing market research. Being able to anticipate certain trends is an invaluable skill in business and marketing.